Capital One iOS
• • •
Capital One's Universal iOS App for Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad.
Banking on Apple
The iOS Design and Development teams joined forces in late 2015 to create Capital One’s Universal iOS app. The app has had a continuous customer rating of 4.5+ stars on the App Store, has been featured by Apple as the #1 Free Financial App.
My primary responsibilities are feature design for our Bank and Enterprise customers. I collaborate daily with my teams of Product Managers and Developers to identify and solve customer needs. And as our feature set rapidly grows with every release of our app, so does the need for common standards and documentation, which has become a passion of mine. I collaborate with Android and Web teams to develop consistent design patterns.
Since joining the Mobile team, I have been a disciple of User Centered Design. The user is at the core of all of my designs. I regularly produce prototypes for usability testing, facilitate user interviews and synthesize research to share with other teams across the company. Every design decision is an opportunity to learn as well as teach others.
Project Roles & Responsibilities
Honors and Awards
Our customers aren’t the only ones noticing. Here is a list of honors Capital One’s iOS app has won.
- 2018 Second JD Power Award for Highest Overall Satisfaction
- 2017 JD Power Award for Highest Overall Satisfaction
- 2016 Design 100 Gold for FinTech
- 2016 Finalist in Apps for FastCo’s Innovation by Design
- 2016 How magazine Financial In-house Awards for Financial Apps
- 2015 W3 Awards for Capital One Mobile
- 2015 Mobile Excellence Awards Industry Star